Thursday, November 6, 2014

Thurs., Nov 6, Update

 Doug's lungs are filled with quite a bit of liquid. The pneumonia is getting worse. He is being given the maximum amount of oxygen. He has decided not to go on a ventilator.

Doug's brother Don and long time friend Davy from MS flew in today. We will talk to the social worker and doctor about Doug going home under hospice. At this point, the battle is the Lord's.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4 ESV)

2 comments:

  1. Doug,
    I was so happy to have the opportunity to come up to the hospital and finally see you... although you were sleeping comfortably, I was with a group of at least 10-12 friends and family standing around you and lifting you up in prayer to our Heavenly Father. I touched your hand, said a silent prayer, hugged your wife and knew in my heart that God is good and God is in control. Oswald Chambers wrote in his book, My Utmost For His Highest, "God brings you to places, among people, and into certain conditions to accomplish a definite purpose through the intercession of the Spirit in you." I consider you a Man of Faith, you have touched my life in such a special way... and as is said above... and is true for all things... 'the battle is the Lord's". God is in control!!
    I continue to keep you in my prayer... I love ya brother!!
    Randal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ryan family for writing Doug's blog. We all want to continue Doug's journey with you. I never witnessed such an outpouring of love from a family and a dedicated group of friends as I saw in the hospital yesterday. The replies to Doug's blogs are special and moving as well. It is a privilege to know Doug and an honor to be considered part of the Ryan extended family of friends. I believe that Doug's journey, both past and present, from dedicated husband, father, friend, businessman, business partner, ultra marathoner, cross country biker, Christian dedicated to others, to the current battle, has led all of us down a path closer to God.
    I am grateful to be considered his friend. Tom Mitchell

    ReplyDelete