Saturday, November 1, 2014

Sat. Nov 1

Daily blog info:

ICU doc still hears sounds pneumonia; doesn't think they will release me back to BMT  8th floor today, which is depressing.

Question as to when on nerve biopsy?  According to Paul in Neurology, decision held with pulmanatorty guys, who are afraid of pneumonia, which equals delay.  Bummer!

I have requested a Physical Therapy while in ICU.  I really need to get out of bed.  After hitting the call button and then getting permission, it took ten minutes of unhooking tubes to allow me to walk 12 feet to toilet.  I wobbled a bit, which got the nurse concerned.  If they would allow me to walk 1,200 feet, with shoes on, I'd do better,

I've requested swallow test, which has been delayed because of pneumonia.  I have't ate or drank anything for days...that hasn't gone through a tube.  It doesn't look promising that I will eat or drink until pneumonia cures up.  Bummer!

Met my new oncologist doc for month of November.  They aren't starting chemo in any serious way until they see nerve biopsy, which is on hold (even with local).  They all agree lots of steroids would help.  I can't return to 8 because I'm taking so much oxygen.  They have begun to cut the rate back the flow rate from 12 to 10 liters/minute and see if my oxygen level stays above 92%.  Still no rush on doing swallow X-Ray test .

Well, who can I blame for all my problems?  Doctors, Obama, the Tea Party?  No.   Sadly,
I am responsible for aspirating food particles into my lungs.  I'm the one to blame,

Surgeon walked for a talk.   She will talk to  her  staff and try to schedule nerve biopsy in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment