Friday, October 31, 2014

Fri, Oct 31 Late Day Update

The ICU doctor said that I looked bad yesterday and that he expected me to look worse today, but he says I look much better. He says I may be released to the 8th floor and start chemo tomorrow.

The radiologists looked at the MRI and found a nerve to biopsy. It is an enlarged and highlighted nerve in my leg. The biopsy will probably be Monday. It has been delayed because of the pneumonia in my right lung.

This morning they replaced my heavy air mask with a much lighter tube in my nostrils, which is better. And sometime they will remove the feeding tube from my nostrils and put it directly in my stomach. This will not preclude me from eating or drinking on my own. I don't miss eating or drinking, but I dream about milkshakes and warm, chocolate chip cookies.  They're also planning to do another swallow x-ray tomorrow.

It's odd, I fall asleep very quickly these days and sometimes I will talk out loud in my dreams, only to wake up and realize that two people are in the room trying to understand what I said.

Hopefully I will be able to make it out of the hospital by next Tuesday.

Heart Rate 113 / Blood Pressure 134/97 / Oxygen 94-100 with the tube and steady 87 without

No comments:

Post a Comment