Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday, Oct 17. Stupid Funny

I had another long, sleepless night.  The pain in my shoulders and arms just would not let up, despite taking two pain pills.  At 5:00 this morning I sent a message to my doc about getting something stronger.  She replied with a couple questions that be me aware that the pill I was taking for pain was actually a potassium pill.  No wonder the things don't work.  I'll get a proper prescription for pain meds today.  In addition we now know why my potassium lab numbers looked high lately.  The drugs sometimes have different names in the labels and I got confused.  What a relief.

Someone asked about the recent photo of my pills.  Actually, that wasn't all of them.  I also apply two steroid creams and have injection needles for my blood thinner.  My actual daily med count is a bit misleading, since I take 4 of this pill twice daily and 3 of the that pill three times a  day.  All in, I take 43 meds each day (pills, cream, and shots).  This doesn't count infusions and breath inhalers I receive at the clinic.  So, you can see how easy it is to trip up on a drug now and again.

I'll get an MRI and see the neurologist Monday to make sure there aren't bad things happening with tumors on spine and/or leukemia relapsed into brain.  The docs strongly feel my neuropathy (pain, numbness, and loss of strength) issues are reaction to my anti-rejection drug or the heavy dose of steroids.  Once the blood/light dialysis treatments begin to subdue the rash, I'll be able to back off the steroids.  Yea!

Psalm 112:7.  "(Doug) will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in The Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment