Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday Afternoon Update

I'm schedule for an MRI of my left leg tonight.  They're looking for a safer place to do a nerve biopsy, apparently taking a biopsy from under my right arm is dangerous...too many nerves that do too many things are located there.

I'm playing the hospital game.  As long as I'm admitted to the hospital I can get these tests done quickly.  As soon as I become an out patent, it takes weeks.  As a result, I'm a hostage over the weekend.

So I did the EMG and will do another MRI to identify which nerve(s) to biopsy, which will tell me if there is cancer hiding in the nerve.  I'm not sure what it means if there is no cancer found in the nerve, or where we go from there.

I received a really encouraging note from a fellow Christian and cancer patient from Northern Ireland.  In part he said, "...enter The Lord our Savior, who cut me free from the wreckage and continues to lift and repair my world on a daily basis."  Wow! Northern Ireland is a long way from Texas, but we still worship the same God, who is very good ya'll.

P.S.  Slept better; didn't use any morphine.  Weight: 172; blood pressure still high: 150 over 100.  Less strength in left leg;more numbness in right hand.  Still struggling to swallow food.

No comments:

Post a Comment