Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wednesday, Oct 15- Rash Looks Better

I had a sonogram of my blood clot this morning.  The doc classified it as 'stable',which means it's still about 12 inches long and reaches from my groin down to behind my left knee.  About 60% is totally blocked, which causes swelling.  The other section of the vein has begun to flow a small amount. The strategy is to continue to give myself two Lovenix blood thinner injections each day.  They will monitor it and reevaluate it in four months.  This doesn't sound great, but certainly is manageable.

For the first time, I woke up and discovered my HVGD rash looked better.  It's still there, but seems to have faded and just feels better.  However, my typical blood pressure of 120/67, registered 158/106.  They gave me Amlodupine to try to get it down, but it is still elevated.  I'm sure this is related to the HVGD reaction and all the steroids I've been taken.  

I thought the doc was going to remove my umbrella filter today, but this device designed to prevent the clot moving to my lungs will come out in about two weeks.  I also started Pentamidine.  This is an inhaled medicine that prevents pneunomia.

Weird.  I haven't slept well during the past week.  I was up last night from 3:00 to 4:50, due to pain issues in neck, shoulders and arms.  As a result, I'm tired during the day and can just fall asleep in 30 seconds.  My dreams are situational.  For example, I know I am in a chair in the hospital waiting room; however, I see the setting completely different.  I move my hand to pick up my cell phone from a table.  I then open my eyes and see I'm still just sitting in the chair.  These little hallucinations repeat every cat nap.  I see the room differently.  I reach to shake someone's hand.  I feel an item in my hand and move to put it away.  Each nap is different, but the same.  I'm sure this is due to my ever increasing list and dosage of drugs and sleep deprivation.  It's no big deal, but is interesting since it repearpts over and over again.  

Tomorrow I go back to the clinic for labs and hope to show off my better looking rash.  Transplant rejection is could a serious issue.  I'm relieved it's finally improved.  

I'm going to finish with a verse from one of my good friends:  Matthew 19:26 "...with God all things are possible."



2 comments:

  1. Wow... I counted 16 meds... how do you keep track of these???? what time??? how many??? You continue to amaze me!! And by the way... glad to hear the rash is getting better! Look forward to your next blog post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's another one for you...Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

    ReplyDelete