Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Monday, Oct 6

I went to the clinic and learned my lab numbers looked fine, but my donor related skin rash got worse.  There was some discussion to return my steroid dosage to previous level, but Dr Patel decided to rely on steroid cream and just monitor it.  I also mentioned a little chest pain that popped up 2-3 days ago.  She decided I didn't need a heart scan to check for a blood clot, since I already give myself two blood thinner shots a day.  She prescribed Nexium to address heartburn.  So, no big concerns, but two issues to watch.

I sure wish I could sleep better.  I think the steroids hinder sleep, as well as make my hands shake.  There's still no word on the DNA blood test, other than, 'pending'.  I rode two hours on my stationary bike this afternoon.  When I was sick I sort of ate what I wanted.  I've lost a lot of muscle, but have picked up belly fat. I think it's time to get serious about my diet again.

Sherry is a trooper.  She battles MS everyday, but struggles to accomplish daily chores. Because her hands and limbs rebel, simple things like putting on make-up or fixing dinner turn into long productions.  As always, she faces these indignities with a smile and courage.  I married up.

Psalm 18:31-32 ERV "There is no God except the Lord.  There is no Rock except our God.  God is the one who gives me strength.  He clears the path I need to take."  A friend pointed out that this is a good verse to pray: 'God give us strength and clear our path.'

1 comment:

  1. Doug, I look forward as I'm sure you do to the DNA results!! Thanks for putting in the note about Sherry, what an awesome wife you have! Love the verse from Psalms... if we will only trust in him... He will guide and clear the pathway of our life... protecting and shielding us!! Hallelujah Praise to our Lord!!

    ReplyDelete