Thursday, October 30, 2014

4:25 Oct. 30 ICU

Wow!  I sure got the attention of three rapid response teams tonight.  Mark, my nurse, was concerned about my oxygen level: 88 vs accepted low of 92.  He spent an hour hooking me up to more accurate sensors.  Then when he left I thought it would be a good idea to eat some of Pam's delicious, dense cinnamon honey bun that Mark brought for me.  It was great, until it got totally stuck in my throat.  I have serious problelms swallowing.  Honestly, I got scared for five seconds. I ripped out the sensors on my chest and was finally about to cough some up and breathe a little.  A bit more hacking opened up my wind pipe.  An x-Ray showed I had inhaled a good bit of food particles into my lungs.  This aspiration is very is very dangerous for me.  So, I don't get to eat or drink anything without another swallow test.  So, here I am in ICU.


No comments:

Post a Comment