Wednesday, October 22, 2014

We'd, Oct 22- Something is Wrong

Docs still sees no return of cancer and no infections are growing in their petri dishes.   Yet, I had a terrible pain incident before lunch.  I had just reported a 2 on the 1-10 pain scale.  My nurse thought we should stay on schedule, so she included my two Norco pain pills with my morning meds.  John, my friend from personal training, came by with an Oreo McFlurry (sure was glad to see him) and prayed for me. Then, boom went the dynamite.  The pain in my right shoulder exploded.  I called and soon received a morphine shot, which did no good at all.  Luckily, the head neurologist and his team walked in to see the show.  I couldn't stand the pain and came close to passing out.  They put an ice bag on my neck.  Then, after about ten minutes it abated and I could answer questions.  The neurologist began to perform some push-up and pull-down tests with my hands, feet and arms.  My body rebelled and flew into another 10-minute pain attack.  It was odd to be in a world of hurt and hear seven doctors calmly discuss my case.  I've never hurt this badly in my life.

Needless to say, the plans for an afternoon release from the hospital were gone.  I napped for maybe three hours.  The nutritionist stopped by, but I didn't want to talk diet, so she compassionately patted my arm, which immediately began hurting from my neck down to my right thumb.  It was minor, but scared me.

Sometime today I'm scheduled to have an MRI of shoulders.

Tomorrow I should have several neurological tests, including an EMG.  II think they put needles in nerves and turn on an electrical current.  This won't tell them why, but will give insight as to where.  They will then take a nerve biopsy.

Last night's blog boasted of endurance and commitment...'Show me something Mister!'  Sorry, I am humbled today.  I may not have cancer or a virus, but got something I don't want.

No comments:

Post a Comment