Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tuesday, October 7: Acute HVGD Skin

My skin rash advanced over night.  It now ranges from head to quads and generally looks worse.  I told the medical staff yesterday about some chest pain and was prescribed Nexium for heartburn.  This morning my left arm was sort of numb, so I fired off an email to my doctor.  She replied that all this sounds like acute HVGD (host vs. graft disease) of the skin.  Two weeks ago, I was taking 80 mlg/day of a steroid prescription.  Because I was doing so well, it was reduced to 60 mlg.  Doc Patel told me to increase back to 80 mlg and take it twice a day.  160 mlg is the standard dosage for HVGD and she told me I should start getting better after 48 hours.  So, Thursday's clinic visit sounds a little more important than usual.

I was only able to sleep about three hours last night...and now my dosage of steroids is more than doubling.  I'm going to skip the bike today and conserve energy.  I doubt I'll sleep well tonight.  Oh well, that's really just another nuisance that doesn't really matter very much in the long run.

Mark 13:35-36 "Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the owner of the house will come back--whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly, do not let him catch you sleeping."

No comments:

Post a Comment