Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thursday, Oct 9: 100% Donor Cells

My HVGD rash spread down to quads, but it's only been two days since I doubled up on steroids, so medical staff is concerned, but will just monitor it.  It's a good sign that only one of three symptoms is showing up.  My liver and GI tract are ok.  If the rash doesn't improve, they will twice a week clean my blood by running it through a dialysis type machine.  It's just important to not let the rash get out of control.

My DNA blood test came back and showed I have 100% donor cells.  That's very good news.  It shows that the transplant engrafted and totally wiped out my cells.  That is positive for keeping the leukemia from returning.

Because of the steroid cream and doubling up on oral steroids, I'm very hungry and continue to gain weight.  I'm up to 181.5 today.  It's also interfering with sleep quite a bit, but it's just a hassle.

My lab numbers continue to look very good.  No need for any infusions.

I continue to feel very blessed to check in each week at the clinic to 'see what condition my condition is in.'  That was a quick Kenny Rogers' First Edition reference for anyone under 40.

Psalm 112:7 "He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in The Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment