Monday, October 20, 2014

Monday, Oct 20- Real Concerns

Here's a running info line from today...

LDH increased com 221 to 331.

Blood pressure up: 169/105...could be pain related?

Platelets are down, yet steroids are up.  Doesn't make sense.

Neuropathy (nerve pain) worse.

Doc can't explain problems with swallowing, nerve pain, or new inability to lift left foot or arm, etc. Doc said, "I'm really worried about this, because I can't explain it."

Weight 185.  Increased steroids cause weight gain- at least 2 lbs/wk for me:

Having continued trouble sleeping- I sleep for hour, get awakened by intense pain in shoulders and arms, which subsides in 10-15 minutes.  I read for 30 min-hour to get sleepy and go to bed.  Then, repeat the process.

Have neurologist appointment at 11:00 today.

Clinic scrambling to schedule an MRI to try and learn more.

Doc agreed that my rash is fading & looks better.  I will still get blood light treatment, which is great by me. If rash continues to go away, maybe they will reduce steroids, which may make me feel better.

Doc scheduled bone marrow biopsy tomorrow since I am Day-60.  They were going to wait for Day-100, because I WAS doing so well.  Now they want to see if leukemia returned,

Neurologist did exam and thinks I need to be admitted to hospital to get immediate MRI and spinal tap.  Out-patient would take too long.  He thinks these tests will explain why certain nerves are 'being picked off', but suspects leukemia returned.  It's a bit troubling that things turned negative in just a few days.  Something is up; they just don't know what.

Still trying to schedule photopheresis (blood light) appointment.

My cell phone battery very weak.

I got admitted to get quick MRI, spinal tapmand bone marrow biopsy.  They want to see if leukemia has returned.  If it has come back I'm in trouble.  I will get bone marrow biopsy in few minutes.  May get spinal tap (lumbar puncture) tonight.  MRI probably tomorrow.

I would like to testify to path to a cure, but I might have been thrown into the bushes.  I feel sad, threatened, but none of this changes anything I believe about God.  God's good.

I had bone marrow biopsy and spinal tap already.  Might get MRI tonight, or will do so tomorrow morning,  Oncologist says this could be several things; infection, etc, but it suspiciously sounds like one of my two cancers.  They need to know which, since treatment is different.  I will definitely be here a few days,

No comments:

Post a Comment