Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wed, Oct 29- New Normal?

Wow!  Here's a scary thought.  What if my current condition is the new normal: very little extension of left arm and hand, very weak right hand, move around like I'm 100.  If that's my new reality,  I have a role model to show me how to do it in my darling wife, Sherry. I don't think you guys appreciate what she puts up with or how tough she is.  I just got to figure out the chronic pain and swallowing.  I think I am very close to needing a food tube to get a decent diet.  The tube would be a an embarrassment, but would not prevent me from eating when I could.

What about my story?  You know I wanted to be that guy.  The guy that was cured from two 'incurable' cancers. It looked like I was on my path to a cure three weeks ago, but it now sounds like I will have 1-2 years.  Please understand that I am not waiving a white flag.  I just have to accept my physical condition.  I also accept God doesn't care if my leukemia came back.  God isn't the house at Vegas.  He doesn't survive by controlling the odds.  He can do anything he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment