Friday, September 27, 2013

Good Day

I had a bloody nose at breakfast and laid down on the floor with a napkin up my nose, but no one took a picture. So, I guess it didn't happen.

We saw a man walking out of the desert very early this morning.  I commented that he was either a tourist,or just buried a body. Denis pointed out that he wasn't carrying either a shovel or a camera.  So, if anyone's missing today, look at mile marker 30.

Mile 950- We were chased by our first dog today.  He put up a good fight and chased us 30 yards.  Supposedly, the south is full of dogs bothered by men in tights.

We passed a 25-year old woman on a bike loaded down with 80 pounds of gear on her way XC to VA.  I was tempted to say, "Hello, fellow traveller," but thought she might see our van taking our masseuse and luggage to our next hotel, so I decided to just waive.  Then, Denis had a flat, that was changed by our guide. Yea, I think it was a good call not to engage her in conversation.  

Typically, we pee at van breaks between the van and the trailer.  You can tell we have a lot of me on this trip, because our guides admonished us this morning not to pee ON the trailer.  But, how will we know it's ours?

Oh, the 101-mile ride with 5,400 feet of climbing went well, our third straight century plus ride.  It was cool and we had favorable rumble strips.  Everyone was in good health and spirits.  Tomorrow is an easier day, so we get to sleep late.




No comments:

Post a Comment