Sunday, September 22, 2013

Just Another Day in the Saddle

We road 85 today; very easy day. Like yesterday, we enjoyed a 20-mile tailwind.  After one long pull, Kevin laughed 'that wasn't a pull it was a spinnaker run.'

We see a lot of  Corvets and convertible Mustangs cruising Route 66.  We passed a beautiful '57 Chevy yesterday. I got laugh when I said, 'You know what he was thinking when he passed us?  Wow!  That's the new Trek Domane 5.9.'

We're using flat prevention tape between the tube and the tire this year.  The product must be good. Rustin said we were down 100 flats from last year. So far I haven't had one, yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing my darling wife tomorrow at the Grand Canyon.  We have a rest day Tuesday.

We ate at the Road Kill Cafe, whose slogan is, 'You kill it and we'll grill it.'  I ordered 'The Chicken That Almost Made It Across The Road;' which was very good.

Thanks to everyone who's donated to the Gerizim Christian School, I think we up to about $24,000, with a goal of $70,000.  If you would like to donate, the link is:

http://jacoboperez.com/hisappointedtime/?page_id=159

or mail a check to:

His Appointed Time Ministries
P.O. Box 1351
Snyder. TX. 79550.



No comments:

Post a Comment