Monday, October 14, 2013

Crossed The Mississippi Today

Dang!  The past two days of MO rollers took a lot out of my legs (and my back). Today, while long, was much easier.  There was a bit of wind to deal with, which was especially annoying since I got dropped early.  But, Jen came to my rescue and pulled me along for 30 miles to lunch.  At one point Denis fell way of off the pace.  I circled back to learn that he was in the midst of a calorie bonk.  At the next turn, we caught Jen and she gave Denis a banna and a packet of Cliff Shots.  He recovered quickly and we made it to lunch.

30 miles after lunch was the MS River ferry, which we wanted to cross together.  So, we rode as a group, until I couldn't maintain 17 mph and fell off the back.  Word filtered up the line and they slowed it down to allow me back on.

After we crossed into Kentucky, we raced along for 11 miles and entered TN.  Tomorrow is something like 75 miles to Dover, certainly the smallest village we visit.  I understand dinner will be a pizza party in the hotel parking lot.

Below are river and ferry shots, a sign greeting us to TN, and finally...Kevin, our Microsoft attorney with a really, really bad wind jacket.  In real life he doesn't look like he weighs 400 pounds.





No comments:

Post a Comment