Monday, October 7, 2013

Recovery Day

Today was a relaxing 73-miler.  Everyone took it easy and stopped for photo op's, even the monument erected where some general buried his horse.  Trek surprised us with hot choclate and doughnuts at a van stop.  I needed an easy day.  

I weighed in at 178 lbs at the Holiday Inn Express.  Peter had an electronic scale and I came in at 175, with a 20.2 percentage body fat.  Either way I'm still dropping a little more weight (started at 190).

Below is a photo showing my darling wife and two wonderful friends, Mark and Chris, who drove Sherry up to surprise me.  

We got to ride on a section of gravel road today; however, a guy was leveling it with a road grader as we rode by.  It turned out smoother than the pavement.

There's a shot I took of Peter and Denis and the pool rules...read number 3.




1 comment:

  1. Terry gave me the link to your blog on Friday, and I have enjoyed reading about your trip. Glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete