Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday, July 28

Transplant admission date is set for Wed, August 13th.  My doctor is still considering two different chemo treatments, so there is chance my admission would be delayed two days till the 15th.  I think I receive a week of heavy chemo and then the transplant.  Then they watch for problems or success.

I hear they selected a 25-year old male donor and that the doc will take bone marrow cells directly from his hip, rather then remove stem cells from his blood.

I had a very busy day Saturday.  Despite having low immune system and honoring the necessity to stay away from crowds, I sneaked out to Lowe's for a bag of top soil and two 40-pound bags of pea gravel.  I noticed a sink hole on top of our stone retaining wall from neighbor's run off.  So I hauled a bag of pea gravel to back yard and dumped it into the 10" hole.  I was really huffing and puffing.  Then in retrieved the the second bag, but had to sit at patio furniture for 2 minutes.  I got the bag to retaining wall, but needed another 3 minute rest before I could fill up the hole.  This is how I used to feel after a hard hour on the Stair Master machine.  My pulse and breathing get real evated, but come down pretty quickly.  Later that afternoon I managed 65 minutes on the bike, with two 10 minute breaks.




1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. I cant wait to read the book you are going to write.....

    ReplyDelete