Thursday, July 3, 2014

Thursday, July 3

Yesterday was another very tired day.  If I stood up too quickly, I'd feel like  I was about to topple over.  If I walked from the car inside a business, I would feel my pulse race towards 200 and I would have to lean against a counter, totally breathless.  Today is much better.

I went to the cancer clinic this morning.  They drew blood for labs, but didn't need to give me any blood product infusions.  I come in every Monday and Thursday.  On Thursday, July 10, I will have a bone marrow biopsy to see where I stand.  On July 15th (moved back one day), I will go back into hospital for the A portion of the second round of chemo.  Courtney, Dr Patel's PA, said they are not planning to give me the B portion of chemo before transplant, which may be scheduled for August 5th, at the earliest.

Transplant rules do no permit exchange of personal information between donor and recipient until one year after transplant.  I guess they want to have an idea it is working before the two parties have an opportunity to meet.  Personally, I'd like to know who saved my life and say 'thank you'.  Got to be patient.

My old college roomie said he was praying Psalm 27 over me this morning.  It's all very good, but id will pass along vs. 13 and 14, "I will see the goodness of The Lord in the land of the living.  Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

P.S.  We found another straggler under Sherry's car seat...a jar of salad dressing.  Now we have them all.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment