Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday, July 7th

Tough day at the clinic.  The short walk from waiting room to get my vital signs spiked my pulse to 234.  This happens so often I no longer think it's an error.  After a couple minutes it falls back to 115 or do.  My labs show low white blood cell count, which probably explains why I am so breathless all the time.  I was also told I need playlets (bleed risk) today. So, I wait an hour and a half in the waiting room before a nurse comes out and tells me they ran out.  She suggests I go to cafeteria for lunch and come back in 1.5-2 hours.  Apparently, they sent someone to the Carter Blood Center for more.  Then, we can do the infusion, which will take 1-2 hours.  Bummer!  I'm just not feeling up for this, but have no choice.

P.S.  The UT Southwestern valet parking company lost my car for 30 minutes.  ;)

1 comment: