Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tuesday- at home

I did four days of chemo last week and was released from the hospital on Friday.  I threw up on the way home, but felt better after that.  The last two days in hospital and first day home I had no appetite and ate very little, but I'm now eatting regular again.  There's really nothing new on the medical front.  My numbers all look good.  I go to the clinic Friday for a bag of out-patient chemo and have several heart and lung tests next week.  The transplant should occur during the second or third week of August.  I think doctor is negotiating dates with donor.

On the way home from the clinic yesterday I knew I needed to eat something, but nothing sounded good.  Then I thought of Pappadeaux's.  $24 for lunch was pretty extravagent, but the cup of soup and shrimp poboy was great.  When one's recovering from chemo, sometimes you got to be nice to yourself.

I'm beginning to gain a an appreciation for Sherry's MS.  She laughs that she would have so much more time in the day if she didn't drop so many things.  My dexterity is pretty shaky and I keep knocking over and juggling things.  I reached for something in the frig and knocked over a blender full of Sherry's coconut and fruit smoothies.  No problem- the lid was on.  However, I then banged into a quart of milk, a jug of water.  Everything was wobbling when I knocked over the ice tea glass, which also had a lid.  When I lunged to save the tea, I completely turned over the blender and smoothie drink poured down four shelves and onto everything.  What a mess.  It made me angry, but I bet it would have looked pretty funny.

2 comments:

  1. Doug, sounds pretty normal for me... (hahahaha) I guess I must be a klutz!! Have a SUPER GREAT WEEK!!

    Keep the blog coming as I keep you in my daily prayer!!

    You ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love the shrimp po-boy at Pappadeaux's!!

    ReplyDelete