Saturday, July 12, 2014

Saturday

People are beginning to complain about me going off the grid.  The last week I received 3 units of blood, playlets, a CT scan and another bone marrow biopsy.  The doc is topping me off before the 2A chemo on 7/15-7/20.  I'll see her 3:00 Monday to hear test results.  When I was admitted in May the under current to everything was negative:  we don't know what to do, you have a genetic expression for a very aggressive leukemia, we've never seen this kind of transformation before.  Under best case I was looking at a 40% cure rate and the doc sounded a lot more negative than that.  Then, they started chemo and my blood numbers and biopsy results all looked great.  I handled the chemo without a sweat, save two nights of nightmares and bouts of frantic peeing.  I went in very ill, but in great shape.  Now I expect to hear that I am in remission and scheduled for a bone marrow transplant, but I have essentially been in bed for 45 days and feel like crap.  I seem to maintain a low grade (99.6 temp) which annoys me.  I am either shivering or sweating.  The next round of chemo scares me more than the first two rounds.  Time will tell.  My odds now are more like 60%.  Yea, that means there is a 40% chance the transplant doesn't work and the leukemia comes back and I die within 18 months.  Sherry and I feel blessed to be where we are.  I will post a Bible study I did a couple years ago soon and hope some of you will find it encouraging.  I'll post again Monday night.

It's been a good time of year to be ill...the Tour D'France and World Cup have been on a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment