Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wed., July 16

Still nothing but good news on medical front.  Recent bone marrow biopsy looked fine.  I had no problems with handling the three chemo drugs (including spinal injection) or the five other pre or post chemo drugs.  I had nice visit with my wife and enjoyed reading chapters in Ender's Game; however, my great, polite mood has been steadily degrading since 5:00 pm.  I forced down maybe a third of a cheese burger because I know I need to eat something.  I'm doing the same things all the other cancer patients are doing.  I didn't invent being a cancer patient.  Still, it's odd to bang down chemo like like they're push-ups.  Taking poison all day is just like working out; it's good for you.  Then, nice people come in and out all day to bring me things, take vital signs and wish me well.  It's just tiring.  Plus, it's always, how are you Mr Ryan?  Did you have a bowl movement today Mr Ryan? They know so much about me, but I really am just one of their six patients today and then they are off for two days.  I've lost my sense of humor and I'm going to bed.

P.S.  As Christians we learn not to interpret the world according to how we feel.  Emotions never are supposed to help you make decisions.  That's a good thing tonight, because I feel more like kicking a trash can than reciting a verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment