Saturday, September 13, 2014

Saturday, Sept 14

There's a lot of discussion about changing the name of the pro football team in Washington D.C.  Yesterday I had my own Redskins controversy.  One of the three main symptoms of transplant rejection is having one's skin to turn red.  My forehead sure reacted to something and turned red.  Mark and Chris came over for pizza (and to deliver Sherry some organic berries for her smoothies).  I began feeling poorly and called the clinic and spoke with Dr Anderson, oncologist on call.  He didn't think it sounded serious and told me to take Benadryl.  It's possible I missed a drug dose.  My phone alarm sounded.  I think I took my pills, but found them still in the Friday evening section.  Maybe I took a different day, or just got up and went to the bathroom.  I might have had some kind allergic reaction to something.  It bothered me (itched) far too much to get much sleep so I moved to a guest room to allow my darling wife to get her rest.  Sherry suggested applying Calamine lotion.  So for several hours today I looked like I was getting a facial.  It still itches, but has calmed down.  The facial part didn't seem to work very well...I still look like an old, tired looking bald guy.

P.S.  My weight I erased 6.4 pounds today.  It appears my body is still trying to balance fluids.

No comments:

Post a Comment