Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wednesday, Sept 17: Anoint My Head With Oil

I had some trouble sleeping again last night.  The skin rash I picked up is a bother during the day.  My strategies shift between hydrocortisone cream, prescription steroid lotion, ice packs, and Calamine lotion lathered all over my face and neck.  I scare myself every time I look in the mirror.  At night the itching and stinging make it hard to stay asleep.

I rode my stationary bike today for an hour.  That's the first time I've ridden in a couple months.  It felt good.  My doc said my new anti-rejection drug burns muscle mass and encouraged me to work out.  I've lost 17 pounds since the leukemia was diagnosed, all of which was muscle mass.  So, I'm trading fitness for a cure, but I don't want to fall to far.

I look forward to my clinic visit tomorrow to hear what the doc says about the HVGD skin rash.  Last time she thought it was no big deal.  My lab numbers look good, but I think it's time for my white blood cells to go up.  I also get a transfusion, which may take four hours in the chair.

Psalms 23:5  "You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows."




1 comment:

  1. Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

    ReplyDelete