Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thrursday, Sept 18

I had a successful 7 hour day at the clinic.  My blood numbers are growing quickly:  ANC up to 3,200; white blood count is at 5.1 (normal); my LDH, which is measure of cancer and infection had shot up to 6,650 on May 28, was back down to 229; platelets are 131 (I was getting infusions in hospital whenever they fell below 10K); finally my hemoglobin act 10.6, close to normal.  I also had a chest X-ray to insure I didn't pick up pneumonia.  The stated odds of a successful bone marrow transplant (defeating disease) are 60%.  I was told today my odds have gone way up because my numbers are moving up so fast.

My doc isn't too concerned about my two transplant rejection symptoms.  The GI problems are 90% back to normal and my rash isn't spreading.  The itching is also less.  As I was told before, having some issues is good, since it is consistent with body also attacking the leukemia.

My next bone marrow biopsy is Day 100.  I'm on Day 28 today.  Next week I will have a blood test to determine what percentage of my blood is mine and how much is my donor's.  In a perfect world, my blood will be 100% donor's.

Today's infusion was IVIG, which is designed to boost my immune system.  My ANC is 3,200, but I am still under house arrest for a while as my immune system recovers.

My weight came in at 175 today.  My daughter thinks I look skinny.  I'm trading fitness for health and will hopefully have time later to rehab the body.  I'll save everybody pictures today.  ;)

Psalms 103:15-17. "As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the feild; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and it's place remembers it no more.  But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him..."

No comments:

Post a Comment