Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Tuesday, Sept 9: Tom Mitchell

I had blood drawn and lab work at yesterday's clinic visit.  Then Dr Patel came in and declared she was shocked at my numbers, "Everything looks perfect."  I was told when I left the hospital I would need a platelets infusion Sat or Monday; however, they grew on their own to 60,000.  Not everything is right as rain.  I still have some issues in the bathroom (see, I saw the TMI line this time, but the story is funny).  My pulse also registered 154 bpm when they took vital signs.  I tend get a little winded sometimes.

"Just tell me if I can do anything."  I hear that from so many friends.  I feared I would be ill and wasted  when I got home from after the transplant, but I feel real good I don't overdue it.  Anyways, Tom Mitchell, my good friend and Mississippi developer, wanted to drive over for a visit.  Sherry was exhausted and making one more run to pick up some prescription for me.  So, I called Tom back and invited him  for supper, provided he stop and pick something up.  After we ate and told stories and few lies, I asked him to do two chores I was ordered not to do: wash our dog and pooper scoop Callie's back yard.  So everyone be warned, sometimes Sherry and I need help.

My doctor's orders are to avoid people, dust, sun, etc.  Maybe after 2-3 weeks I can go out more often.  I'm driving myself to the clinic twice a week without any problems.

The swelling in my left foot, caused by the blood clot has gone down a bit.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Doug, awesome report!! Glad to hear that BIG FOOT is coming down!! Keep the news coming!!

    ReplyDelete