Saturday, September 6, 2014

Saturday, Sept 5: Back Home

Good news!  My wife took me back!  I was released before 11:00 yesterday and now post blogs from my couch.  Nothing much new to say about transplant and rejection issues.  No problems.  There was some troubling news about my blot clot.  I asked the doctor when the swelling will go down.  After all, I've been Big Foot for a month.  He said it may never go down, although it's still early.  Please remember how athletic I've been.  Just last year I road my bike from ocean to ocean.  However, it would be bad form to possibly outlive two terminal cancers and then complain about being slowed down.

Nowhere in the Bible does God say he wants us to be happy.  He wants us to be joyful.  Ranan is a commonly used Hebrew for joy and it means 'to overcome'. To find joy we don't need more of God's attention; He needs more of ours.  And if there's anything I've learned from my wife's struggles with MS, being happy is a decision, not a state of mind.

My favorite Bible verse is probably unique:  Jeremiah 1:12. "I am watching over my word to perform it."  The Bible holds many promises for us.  God hasn't forgotten anything.


2 comments:

  1. It's great to hear you're home and feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You encouraged me today to be happy. Ok I decided, I will. Love you bud!

    ReplyDelete