Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Aug 5, Tuesday

Sherry and I had another road trip last night to the emergency room.  My left leg is causing a lot of pain because of the blood clot.  In addition, my temp spiked to 100.4.  We called the doc and were told to come in.  Everything looked good and I was released at 1:30 am.

Sherry is just doing a super job as a care giver.  She's made many trips to Wal Mart and has done tons at home.  I definitely married up.

My bone marrow biopsy turned out to be an expedition.  After two dry holes on the left hip bone they found what they needed on the right side.  It's funny.  The doc says, 'You will hear the buzzing now;' instead of 'drilling'.  After they numb you up, it's really no big deal.

I felt ill earlier and talked the nurse into giving me a bottle of cranberry juice.  It helped, but I now must pay for my sins.  I have to wait three hours to do the PET scan.  They gave me a room and a place to lay down, so I'm a happy camper.

I'm getting closer to transplant and everything is looking good.  The blood clot and awful leg pain doesn't complicate anything.  When they give me the IV bag on the 21st, I will hopefully be born again.  Time will tell if it works, but it's been an amazing ride.  Thanks to all my friends for all the love and support.  Sherry and I feel so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. You are blessed... you are redeemed!! God is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug thank you for having lunch with me today. If I had read your blog this morning I would have known what a challenging Tuesday you had and what pain you were in as a result of your clot. I would have given you a raincheck for a new lunch date. But as usual, not only wer you at lunch early, but you were happy, smiling and the usual optimistic Little Dougy. I loved our lunch and our time together, You looked amazing. You and Sherry are inspirations to us ALL!!!! Tom Mitchell

    ReplyDelete