Sunday, August 3, 2014

Ouch!

I may want to take this blog back tomorrow.  Being sick is just a drag.  I'm glad I submitted yesterday and let Sherry drive me to the emergency room.  We didn't have a fight because I decided years ago that she's smarter than me.  This blood clot in the left leg just hurts like the dickens.  If I lay down on the sofa I can neutralize it, but it feels even worse the next time I have to get up.  I convinced myself that heading out to Barnes & Noble and getting a book would be good for me.  However, just walking into the building elevated my pulse.  Unlike the old Border's stores, B&N has no nice chairs near the books to sit down.  I limped around for five minutes, but couldn't get my mind off my leg.  So, I left.  I used to do an hour on the hospital bike.  Today's exercise was one lap around the kitchen/family room.  Then, I lay around all day and let Sherry make repeated trips to Wal Mart and do lots of chores.  A doc called to check on me today and passed along that my blood thinner shots won't really do anything to reduce the pain for maybe two weeks.  I'm still beating the odds and my tests continue to look good.  In two weeks I get really strong chemo and then pray that the bag of bone marrow works.  Bottom line- I'll feel a lot worse before I feel better.  Trouble is, I don't feel particularly good right now.

1 comment:

  1. Doug, no need to take anything back!! You are a survivor and an awesome role model!! Take care my friend and I continue to keep you in my daily prayer... remember today the old song from ORU... ”Something good is going to happen to you, happen to you, this very day. Something good is going to happen to you,
    Jesus of Nazareth is passing your way.”

    ReplyDelete