Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday, August 29 (Day 8): Multitasking

Last night was tough.  I developed mucusitis and spent a great amount of time sitting up and spitting in my bucket.  It's also hard to sleep because I got up at least 10 times and dragged my IV pole to the bathroom to pee.  There was even some multi-tasking around 1:00 a.m.  I was peeing in my hand held urinal (nurses measure everything) and suddenly began throwing up.  Needless to say there was some collateral damage.  In case you're not feeling sorry for me yet, I also have two mouth sores, a bothersome one down my throat, and little energy.  My weight is down to 176; can anyone say high school?  The sad thing is that the fifteen pounds I lost since my diagnosis are all muscle.  I look forward to working again.  But, this is Day 8 and all this stuff is expected and I probably won't begin to feel better for another 3-4 days.  I just got to be patient.

The nurses are great.  I now have a sucker thing, sort of like what the dentist uses after she squirts water in your mouth.  I have a pain pump that I can self administer; I've only clicked it once today.  They also converted 90% of my pills to injections in the IV line so I don't have to swallow so much.  I also take something for nausea before I eat which calms my stomach.  So, I developed some issues and the nurses and doc come up with something to manage them.  Life's good.  

3 John verse 2:  "Beloved, I wish above all things that you be in good health and prosper, even as your soul prospers."

No comments:

Post a Comment