Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sunday, Aug 31 (Day 10)

I'm Day 10 and still in the bottomed out phase with my blood numbers.  Yesterday they gave me a bag of hemoglobin and today I'll get an IV of platelets, which I really need.  My foot swelled considerably yesterday, but eased off last night after I slept with it elevated on a pillow.  I also have tons of petechiae.  These are small red dots that surface from bleeding capillaries under the skin.  Actually my little red dots connected into big red blotches, but any further discussion would cross the TMI line.  On the other hand the pain pump helps me sleep at night and my throat and mouth sores are doing ok.

I really seem to wind down in the evenings.  I'm about to order some anti-nausea medicine.  Oh well, I'm looking at 2-6 days before my new bone marrow begins to grow white blood cells.

No comments:

Post a Comment