Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thursday, Aug 14th

I came back into the hospital yesterday morning at 8:30 a.m.  I had two procedures: 1) I had my PICC line moved from arm to chest (I receive chemo and give blood samples from this port); 2) a doc installed a filter to catch the blood clot in left leg if it decides to move toward the lungs.  My leg is beginning to swell less and feel better (no pain pills today).  I'm getting the same chemo drugs that I originally received (previously described as 'sledge hammer' chemo), but in much higher doses this time.  My oncologist said they don't normally give this protocol to patients over 50 years of age; however, I'm in very good health.  I've had chemo on and off all day and feel fine, but hear it catches up to you in five days.

I exchanged funny emails with Pat Reynolds, one of our missionary friends in Guatemala. She complimented my positive attitude and said I would do well because I was speaking life, not death, over myself.  I replied, "I will beat this disease if it kills me."  I was then rebuked for having a 'smart mouth'.

Robin Tull, my College roommate stopped by today for a visit after dropping his last daughter off at ORU in Tulsa.  We had some good laughs about practical jokes and me wearing his new jeans before he did.  Robin is a good guy and is doing a great job as our financial advisor.

Sherry brought Pei Wei Dan Dan Chicken Noodle bowl by for supper.  That sure beats hospital food. As I pointed out previously, I married up.

What's to come?  Five more days of chemo and a bone marrow transplant.  I may (probably will) get sick before I get better, but this could lead to an amazing cure, so it's all for the best.

God's a good God.

No comments:

Post a Comment