Monday, June 9, 2014

Alarm bells at camp chemo

I rode the stationary bike for an hour, which seemed pretty easy.  A tech then took my vital signs, which showed a 230 heart rate.  He entered a note in the system and left.  Then the senior level nurses came rushing in to check me out.  They were expecting to find me passed out or something, but I was comfortably seated in my reclining chair reading a book.  My next set of vitals recorded an 82 pulse and they guessed the machine just spit out gibberish.  The nurse in charged said, "Oh, you're the athletic one, aren't you?"  Which allowed me to tell one more person about my XC ride.  Markus, the tech who recorded the high pulse just came in laughing.  He said everyone on the floor is giving him the evil eye and that may come back in just hide out.  It was all pretty funny.

By the way, my weight this morning increased from 174.8 to 176.4, my new fighting weight.

I don't know if I mentioned my window blinds.  I have two.  One dark and one thin.  First day here the heavy one fell and two maintenance guys put it back up.  Second day, it fell again.  They left it alone for a couple days before expelling me from my room for two hours (dust) to fix it.  It doesn't go up or down anymore, but at least it's longer on the floor.  They can cure cancer, but can't fix the blinds.  Which reminds me of an old Jerry Seinfeld joke about Gilligan's a Island:  "And what's the deal with the professor?  He can make a radio out of a coconut, but he can't fix the hole in the boat."

I did't sleep great last night, but it keeps getting better.  The chemo induced nightmares and need to pee all the time seem to be in the past.  Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment