Wednesday, June 4, 2014

June 4, Leukemia Notes

Leukemia Notes:

Wed June 4

Last night was surreal.  I finished round one of hard 4-5 days of chemo.  I had  Benadryl to help sleep , but probably had to get up 15 times to pee.  It was very difficult to control bladder long enough to get it done and get back to bed...only to fall asleep and do it all over again. I peed almost 6 liters between 7 pm and 6 am.  Doc came in and said they will stop giving me fluids.  When admitted I was in renal failure, now kidneys and liver are working again.

Doc will order another blood transfusion to give more energy.  I promised to be like Lance Armstrong and get infusion and get on their stationary bike, but it didn't happen.   I am also scheduled for more platelets today.

I was sort of out of it yesterday afternoon/evening and couldn't answer simple questions about who had come to visit me.

Thanks Brad!  A wonderful, long-term friend from church came by yesterday.  After an hour I asked him to go get me a Jersey Mike's sandwhich.  I ate more than 1/2, which was most I've been able to eat   at a meal in a week.

This morning I was very hungry and ordered bowls of cereal and two juices.

I had great nurse last night.  Thank you Kate.  She took very good care of me.  I had headache and they are still concerned about internal bleeding.  She told me to look into her eyes, then shined a flash light around and asked a ton of questions about bowel movements, badly swollen feet, quivering legs, etc.  A lot of sustenance, but not nearly as much fun as looking into my wife's eyes.  ;)

Todd, Gateway Church's Men's Paster, Mark, a good business friend, brought along another Christian brother, Gerald, dropped by.  10 minutes later my ultra running buddy, Matt, who is a hoot, and was a hospital Chaplin for 14 years, popped in.  It was really, really a good visit.  Thank you.

So, chemo is done and I'm just under lock down for a week till my immune system recovers.  White blood count was down from 92,000 to 11,000 today (close to normal).


Sent from my iPhone
______________________________________________________
This E-mail and any attachment contains information which is private and confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not an addressee, you are not authorized to read, copy or use the E-mail or any attachment. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender by return E-mail and then destroy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment