Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday June 8

My ANC (good white blood cells) went to 0, which is what the docs wanted to see.  At this point I have no immune system and continue to be at risk to bleed.  I mindlessly scratched my shoulder this morning.  The nurse noticed the blood and quickly cleaned and bandaged it.

My weight fell again; down to 174.8.  Doc said this was probably a bit of dehydration, which is odd since they darned near drowned me last week.  I probably haven't been drinking enough.  Doc ordered an IV bag of fluid.  This is probably why my pulse pretty much doubled to 100 last evening and I have shortness of breath.  I certainly don't feel up to getting on the bike today.

They will release me from chemo camp when the ANC gets north of 500, which may take a week.  I just got to see how the body responds.  I'll then check in at the clinic for blood work; however, doc said they will put me back in the hospital for about a week to do the next round of chemo, which may be about a month out.  Bummer.

I slept much better last night.  Clearly, sleep has been my biggest problem.  I had one bad dream that ended just like all the others-  unable to run up a steep hill.  However, the rest of the night went well.

Courtney is the daughter of my old ORU roommate, Robin Tull, who is our financial advisor.  Courtney and her husband, Adrien, decided to drive down from Tulsa just to visit me.  They were great and brought food and nerf guns, which I later flashed to my nurses, with a warning, "If you guys come in at 5:00 am with needles, be prepared to defend yourselves."  It got a good laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment