Saturday, June 28, 2014

Saturday

I finished the five days of chemo and was released from the hospital yesterday around 2:00.  I have to admit it's finally making me feel I'll.  I threw up in a Wal Mart bag on the way home and a couple more times during the night.  Last night my temp slowly rose to 100.5, but then settled down.  I took some nausea medicine this morning and was able keep some Raisin Bran down.

Sherry was a trooper yesterday.  I left the hospital with several exotic cancer prescriptions, which our local Wal Mart didn't have.  So Sherry went on a scavenger hunt for about four hours and came home with them all.  She also created a schedule for me to follow in taking them all, which included setting the alarm for 2:00 am for the steroid eye drops.

I have a Monday afternoon appointment with my oncologist.  I think I'm doing about as well as I could at this stage.

I'm too tired to think of anything insightful today.




1 comment:

  1. Doug, I think of Jeremiah 29:11 a lot when I think of you. God has plans for you! You inspire me every time I read your blog!! Keep it coming!
    Randal

    ReplyDelete