Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thursday, June 12

My lymphoma transformed to leukemia, but I still have both diseases. Doc said chemo treats both, but the more dangerous of the two is the leukemia.  So I will have two oncologists: Naina for the lymphoma and Patel for the leukemia and bone marrow transplant, if I make it that far.

I did not have a 'double hit', which refers to two different genetic adnormalities of lymphoma.  Apparently this is pretty common with an aggressive transformation.  A double hit is bad news, so That's some good news.

How important is the bone marrow biopsy on day 28 (not sure, but think this is day 12 or 13)?  Doc said it was very important, because they need to know how much leukemia is left over.  The hope is there's nothing.  If there is a lot there, it means the chemo didn't work and there is a bad diognosis.  I didn't have the heart to ask her what that meant.  So, the day 28 bone marrow biopsy sounds pretty cruicial, which is chilling.

ANC's still zero, as expected.

I slept good last night for the first time.  I felt ok, so I stayed up for the 11:00 vital signs visit.  A tech came in took my blood pressure, pulse and temp.  I thought the nurse was going to come in and do something with my PICC line, but she never showed.  I finally hit the call button at 11:40 to see what was up.  Turns out I was mistaken; she wasn't coming in.  Stupid mistake on my part, but I slept good anyway.

As expected, I'm getting another blood transfusion.  So I'll be hooked up to the IV pole for maye 3.5 hours.  It gives me a headache if they run the volumn faster.

Sherry will be in around 1:00 with some bar-b-que sandwiches.  My weight dropped 1.3 pounds yesterday to 174 pounds.








No comments:

Post a Comment